You may have heard 3,000 miles thrown around in the auto service industry a lot, but what is its significance? Well, the industry standard for oil change intervals used to be and is still 3,000 miles. However, with newer innovations in motor oil, some automakers may recommend longer oil change intervals of up to 5,000-7,500 miles. But, waiting too much longer than that can harm your engine.
Skipping oil changes is a horrible habit. Engine oil is something your vehicle needs to run. That is why it is essential to replace the dirty oil in your car with clean oil. Here are all the benefits of regular oil changes:
- Lubricates Your Engine – Your engine is a complex work of art. It has many moving parts that require lubrication. That is where motor oil comes in. It keeps these parts from bumping against each other and wearing down your engine.
- Extend Vehicle Life – Oil lubricates the engine, which will in turn minimize friction. If you want your engine to run smoothly and efficiently for a long time, you will need clean oil. Otherwise, you may need engine repairs sooner than you think.
- Removes Sludge – Oil changes aren’t just for the sake of getting new fluid. Over time, sludge can build up in your engine, which slows down your engine functions. A proper oil change will eliminate any gunk left in there.
- Keeps Engine Cool – The engine can get really hot when it is running. Thanks to your oil, it can keep friction low and prevent overheating.
- Increases Fuel Efficiency - When your engine gets the proper lubrication it needs, it will require less fuel to get the job done.
Most people tend to procrastinate when it comes to their oil change services. It isn’t until it is too late that they realize that skipping out on oil changes is bad. If your vehicle is due for an oil change, please bring your car to the auto experts at Parker’s Tire & Auto Service. We have conventional oil, high-mileage oil, and synthetic oil. We can also change your oil filter and rotate your tires at each service.